In honor of Men’s Health Month, we’re rounding up some of our best resources on various urology topics, including prostate cancer and erectile dysfunction.
General Urology Topics:
- The Role Nutrition Plays in Your Urologic Health. Yes, what you eat and drink matters. Dr. Jonathan S. Brajtbord discusses why an obsession with calories isn’t necessarily the best strategy. He also shares some favorite recipes.
- A Quick Primer on Vasectomies. Thinking of taking the leap? This article busts several myths.
- What is Urinary Incontinence and How Is It Treated? Bottom line: There are options.
- What is BPH? In this article, Dr. Michael J. Curran discusses benign prostatic hyperplasia (an enlarged prostate gland), including treatment options.
- What is Peyronie’s Disease? Curvature of the penis is a treatable condition. Here’s what you need to know.
- Greater Boston Urology’s Approach to Prostate Cancer. One in seven American men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in his lifetime. Here’s what you can expect when you choose a GBU urologist.
- Greater Boston Urology’s Approach to Advanced Prostate Cancer. Treatment options for advanced prostate cancer can vary widely and depend on each patient’s unique case.
- Prostate Cancer Screening: GBU Responds to the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force’s Recommendation. The Task Force released its final recommendations in May 2018.
- What is 3D MRI/Ultrasound Fusion Biopsy? This type of biopsy provides many benefits, including increased accuracy.
- Prostate Cancer and Bone Health: What You Need to Know. If you’ve been diagnosed with prostate cancer, make sure you address bone health before, during, and after treatment.
- Prostate Cancer Treatment Options: Active Surveillance. The key word is “active.”
- Prostate Cancer Options: High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound. Learn more about this minimally invasive option.
- What to Expect from a Radical Prostatectomy. In this free guide, you’ll read one man’s story from diagnosis to life five years later.
- Immunotherapy for Prostate Cancer: PROVENGE Treatment. Use your own body to fight this deadly disease. This article discusses how PROVENGE does exactly that.
- Molecular Markers: OncotypeDX Prostate Cancer Test (and More). Understanding the genetic makeup of a particular prostate cancer tumor/cell can help dictate the most effective treatment.
- Incontinence from Prostate Cancer Treatments: What You Need to Know. Unfortunately, urinary incontinence is one of the side effects of many prostate cancer treatments.
- Prostate Cancer Treatment Side Effects: Understanding Erectile Dysfunction. ED is another unfortunate side effect.
- What We Talk About When We Talk About Erectile Dysfunction. One man talks candidly about his experience with ED.
- Erectile Dysfunction: Lifestyle Changes That Can Help. This article discusses how certain behavior modifications can help.
- Options for Erectile Dysfunction: The Penile Prosthesis. People are usually quite familiar with medications for treating ED. But here’s another extremely effective alternative. Dr. Ryan E. Frankel explains.
Interested in working with a GBU physician? Schedule an appointment now.