Greater Boston Urology is a proud supporter of ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer, specifically the annual Walk/Run held every September in honor of Prostate Cancer Awareness Month.
As its website states, ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer is “the destination for taking action to end prostate cancer and making prostate cancer research a national priority. . . Our mantra to support, educate, and activate is mobilizing a like-minded, passionate, and multigenerational army of advocates across the country to end prostate cancer.”
Prostate Cancer Facts:
- Every 18 minutes another American man dies from prostate cancer.
- One in nine American men will have prostate cancer during his lifetime.
- Prostate cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death among American men and is the most commonly diagnosed.
- The American Cancer Society estimates in its Cancer Facts & Figures 2018 report that 164,690 men will be told they have prostate cancer in 2018.
- Currently there are nearly 2.9 million American men living with the disease – roughly equal to the population of Chicago.
Early detection and advances in treatment are saving lives! Raising awareness and critical funding contribute to both.
How You Can Help:
Join us at the Run/Walk every September. Team GBU has led the way the last few years. In 2018, we had over 500 participants in Boston and raise over $120,000.Here’s to beating those stats in 2019! Join or donate today!
ZERO – Prostate Cancer Run/Walk 2019
Sunday, September 8, 2019
Newton City Hall
1000 Commonwealth Ave.
Newton, MA 02459
7:30 a.m.: Race Day Registration/Packet Pick-Up Opens
8:30 a.m.: Opening Ceremonies
8:50 a.m.: Kids Superhero Dash for Dad Start
9:00 a.m.: 5K Run/Walk Start
10:00 a.m.: Closing Ceremonies/Awards
More Helpful Info: