Updated on March 25, 2020.
With the emerging Coronavirus (COVID-19) concerns, we aim to provide the safest care possible.
GBU remains open, and our physicians are seeing patients. Telehealth is also available for existing patients in an effort to provide them care during local quarantine, self-isolation, and general social distancing measures. Telehealth gives us the ability to provide quality healthcare services safely and remotely to patients via computer, tablet, or mobile device.
If you are scheduled for an office visit of any type within the next 2 weeks, please contact our office prior to your visit if you have:
(1) Traveled to China, Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, Iran or Italy within the past 14 days.
(2) Have contact with an ill person who has returned from these high-risk countries.
(3) Have Flu-like symptoms including fevers, chills, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath or body aches.
(4) Have been in contact with anyone diagnosed with COVID-19.
One of our office staff will be happy to provide you guidance for your upcoming visit. We appreciate your cooperation during this time. In addition, if you had recent surgery within the past 4 weeks and feel as though you cannot make your post-operative appointment, please contact our office. Because viruses can be spread to other people, please do the following things to keep yourself and others healthy:
(1) Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
(2) Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol.
(3) Cough or sneeze into your sleeve or preferably a tissue, then throw away the tissue into the trash.
(4) Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
(5) Stay home when you a sick.
(6) Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
(7) Disinfect frequently touched objects, cell phones, and surfaces using household cleaning spray or wipes.
(8) Most coronavirus/COVID-19 illnesses are mild and can be treated at home.
If you develop worsening symptoms, please contact your PCP.
We are monitoring the CDC website and will make adjustments to the above policies as indicated.
Thank you in advance for your help!
Greater Boston Urology