Practicing in Dedham
B.S., University of Notre Dame (1990)
M.D., Indiana University (1994)
Residency – Massachusetts General Hospital (General Surgery) and Lahey Clinic (Urology)
Research Fellow – Children’s Hospital and Lahey Clinic
Dr. Curran is trained and certified in 3D MRI fusion biopsy, a diagnostic procedure with higher accuracy than biopsy guided by ultrasound alone.
Dr. Curran received special recognition for research on three separate occasions, and was named a Scholar in Urology by Pfizer Pharmaceutical Corporation.
Dr. Curran attended medical school at Indiana University where he was voted the top student in urology by the residents and faculty.
Upon graduation, Dr. Curran completed a clerkship in oncology at St. Vincent’s Hospital in Dublin, Ireland. He served as an intern and resident in general surgery at the Massachusetts General Hospital and completed a one-year research fellowship at Children’s Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts. Dr. Curran completed the last three years of his training at the Lahey Clinic where he served as Chief Resident in Urology.
Dr. Curran has been named “Top Doc” in urology for several years, and he was awarded the LUGPA National Physician Advocate of the Year in 2017. In private practice since July 2000, Dr. Curran served as Urologist in Chief at Norwood Hospital until 2012, and he currently serves as Greater Boston Urology’s CEO.
Dr. Curran was featured in:
- Healthline for Early PSA Test for Prostate Cancer Recommended for African-American Men
- Shields MRI for Prostate Cancer: How Shields MRI Plays a Role in Better Biopsies
- Featured in OncLive: Urology Practice Keeps Up With Technology Through Physician-Owned Business Model
- Practice Keeps Up With Technology Through Physician-Owned Business Model
- Inside Norwood: Dr. Michael J. Curran on Norwood Cable Access
- Boston Urology works to create environment where patients feel more at ease
Dr. Curran speaks at the Massachusetts Prostate Cancer Symposium about why (and how) physicians should help preserve patient access to high quality, cost-efficient health care:
Watch Dr. Curran: What is BPH?
910 Washington Street
Dedham, MA 02026
(p) (781) 762-0471
(f) (781) 762-8072